Laser Hair Removal
Safely and effectively remove unwanted hair with Venus Epileve safe for all skin tones to permanently reduce hair.
Laser Hair Removal with Venus Epileve
Venus Epileve™ treatments are very comfortable, fast, and highly efficacious for all skin types.
Real time cooling system monitors the applicator temperature frequently making your treatment comfortable. A Zimmer cooling machine can be used in conjunction with the topical cooling.
The Venus Epileve is Health Canada Approved
How does the Epileve work?
Diode lasers are the gold standard of Laser Hair Removal as they can treat all skin types safely and effectively. Using 1 wavelength creates a unified energy output, the 800nm wavelength is optimal as it targets melanin in the hair without harming surrounding tissue.
A hand-held laser device sends out pulsed light onto the skin to seek out the dark pigment of the hair, and it impairs the hair follicle. Hair will begin to fall out within the next 10-14 days after the treatment. Hair grows in different stages: growing, resting and shedding. Because all of the hair isn’t on the same stage at any given time, multiple treatments are needed to get the hair in the growth phase, for the laser to be most effective.
Facts on Laser Hair Removal
1. The process may seem painful and intimidating but our technicians will walk you through everything! We go over medical history as well as concerns and can perform a patch test to show you how easy the treatment can be.
2. You will not be hair free after 1 session! Majority of people need between 6-8 to see great results!
3. SPF must be worn during your treatment course in order to prevent pigmentation issues.
4. If you are prone to ingrowns Laser makes the world of a difference and can reduce the severity.
5. We recommend shaving 12-24 hours before your treatment, if there is hair we cannot perform the treatment.
6. Follicle swelling is a normal part of laser hair removal, some people have a more intense reaction than others but it will reduce. Do not apply ice. You can apply hydrocortisone or benadryl gel.
7. You cannot tweeze, wax or epilate during the series, you can shave as much as you like.
8. Tanning must be avoided, certain skin care ingredients should be avoided and any new medications or health conditions must be reported to technician.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, leg, arm, under-arm, bikini line, and other areas. The benefit of laser hair removal is precision. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than ten minutes, and larger areas such as the back or legs may take over an hour.
The discomfort level varies on the type of laser used, the person’s hair type, the body area getting treated, and one’s personal threshold. Getting a laser hair removal treatment can be compared to a rubber band snapping against the skin. The first session generally hurts the most and then subsides with further visits. People with very thick, dark hair often feel a bit more pain than those with thin hair because darker hair absorbs more of the laser light. However, after the second treatment, clients generally don’t feel as much pain.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
Hair removal is more than just “zapping” unwanted hair. It is a medical procedure that requires specialized training and carries potential risks. Before getting laser hair removal, you should thoroughly check the credentials of the technician performing the procedure, all our aestheticians at Five Senses have been certified in this procedure. If you are planning on undergoing laser hair removal, you should limit tweezing, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That is because the laser targets the hair’s roots which are temporarily removed by waxing or tweezing. You should also avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and makes complications after treatment more likely. If you are planning on getting pregnant avoid getting laser hair removal.
Costs of Laser Hair Removal
How much you can expect to pay for laser hair removal depends largely on where the hair lies and how much you wish to have removed. Hair removal from the underarms and chin generally cost less in comparison to hair removal from the back and legs. As a general rule, the larger the hair removal area, the greater the cost.